The Preferred Dentist Program (PDP) Option
The Preferred Dentist Program (PDP) Option is administered by MetLife. The PDP Option lets you choose between receiving in-network or out-of-network care each time you need dental work. You will generally pay less for your care when you use a MetLife in-network dental provider for two reasons:
- In-network care is generally covered at a higher percentage with lower annual deductibles than out-of-network care; and
- In-network dentists have agreed to charge lower, negotiated fees for their services.
- You can receive in-network or out-of-network care at any time and still receive benefits.
- In-network preventive care is covered at 100% with no deductible.
- There's no deductible for out-of-network preventive care.
- There's no deductible for orthodontic care.
- Combined in-network and out-of-network annual limits apply to preventive and restorative care.
- Combined in-network and out-of-network lifetime limits apply to orthodontia benefits.
- Claim forms are not needed for in-network providers.